This Site operates as an online marketplace to enable, CrankyApe to post available loads, and Transport Providers to quote for these loads, for the purpose of entering into a Transaction.
INFORMATION WHICH WE ARE REQUIRED TO GIVE YOU
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS THEY DESCRIBE AND, IN SOME CASES, LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS.
www.CrankyShip.com is a site operated by Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC.( "we" or "us"), incorporated in the State of Minnesota with principal offices at 1101 Spiral Blvd, Hastings, MN 55033. Our email address is email@example.com
Part A (the " General Conditions") and Part B (the " Supplemental Conditions") of these terms and conditions (together with the documents referred to within, this “Agreement”) set out the terms and conditions on which we will provide our services to you.
You may access areas of the Site without the need for Registration in which case only the General Conditions will apply to you. Certain areas of the Site are only open to you if you are a Member. If you register as a Member, you will be asked to confirm expressly that you have read and accept the Supplemental Conditions as well as the General Conditions and FAQ’s.
The Conditions (as defined below) apply to the access to and use of the Site, and to any correspondence by e-mail between you and us. Please read these terms carefully before using the site. Using the Site indicates that you accept the General Conditions regardless of whether or not you choose to become a Member. If you do not accept the General Conditions, do not use the Site.
We may revise the Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Site from time to time to review the current version of the Conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions in the Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices located on particular pages of the Site.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
"Conditions" means all conditions applicable to a person accessing the Site in connection with his use of the Site (i.e., for a mere visitor, the General Conditions alone, and for a Member, the General Conditions and the Supplementary Conditions).
"Load" means the request for transportation of goods (not people) posted by CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC on the Site.
"Member" means a person who has Registered (and " Membership" means the status of being a Member).
"Registration" or "Register" means setting up a membership account and having agreed to the Conditions.
"Site" means www.CrankyShip.com.
"Transaction" means the agreement entered into between a Transport Provider and CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC for the performance of a Load.
“Transport Provider” means a Member who has submitted a quotation in respect of a Load. “Your Data” means all content and information uploaded to the Site or input by you.
1. While we endeavor to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if, for any reason, the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
2. Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of a system failure, maintenance or repair or for any reasons beyond our control.
1. While we endeavor to ensure that the information on the Site is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the material on the Site. We may make changes to the material on the Site at any time and without notice. The material on the Site may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
2. The contents of the Site are provided "as is", and we provide no warranties in respect of such contents. To the MAXIMUM extent permitted by law, CRANKYSHIP and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and those arising out of course of dealing, usage, or trade.
1. that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
2. for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals;
3. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, is otherwise unlawful or infringes the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
4. which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
4. You may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking).
5. We will co-operate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting any material in breach of this clause 3.
1. You are permitted to view, print and download extracts from the Site for your own use on the basis that:
1. no documents or related graphics on the Site are modified in any way;
2. no graphics on the Site are used separately from the corresponding text; and
3. our copyright notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
2. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Site (including, without limitation, photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as agreed otherwise, any use of extracts from the Site other than in accordance with clause 4.1 is prohibited, and if you breach clause 4.1, your permission to use the Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Site.
3. Subject to clause 4.1, no part of the Site may be reproduced or stored on any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
1. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim and you hereby waive any claims against us based on, relating to or arising from the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits or contracts;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data;
(f) loss of goodwill;
(g) wasted management or office time;
(h) any unauthorized person uses your username and/or password to access the Site with any result, including but not limited to making changes in authorizations;
(i) the Site is totally or partially inoperative or inaccessible;
(j) use of the Site;
(k) viruses or other malicious software are transferred to your computer or other device by using the Site;
(l) there are bugs, errors or inaccuracies in the Services or the results produced by the Site;
(m) third-party content, actions or inactions on or with respect to the Site;a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account by us;
(n) deletion, corruption or destruction of any Your Data; and
(o) for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
2. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
1. We may, at our sole discretion, restrict or terminate your access to and/or use of the Site without prior notice where:
1. there is a regulatory or statutory change limiting our ability to provide access to the Site;
2. there is any event beyond our reasonable control preventing us from providing access to the Site (for example, and without limitation, technical difficulties, capacity problems and communications failures); or
3. we consider that you are abusing the Site or are otherwise acting in violation of the Conditions.
1. Links to third party websites on the Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Site. We have not reviewed any of such third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for their content, security or availability. We do not, therefore, endorse or make any representations about them, any material found there or any consequences of using such websites. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
2. If you would like to link to the Site, you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Site, and subject to the following conditions:
1. you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos used by us on the Site;
2. you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Site;
3. you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own;
4. you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any other false information about it;
5. you do not otherwise use any trademarks owned by CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC (whether these are registered or unregistered) which are displayed on the Site without our express written permission;
6. you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
7. your website does not contain content that we, in our sole discretion, consider to be distasteful, offensive or controversial, in infringement of any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or which doesn't otherwise comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
3. We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted for any or no reason and to take any action that we deem appropriate.
4. You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage that we may suffer for any breach.
1. You are solely responsible for compliance with local laws in connection with your use of the Site and, in particular, provision of transport services, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
2. You warrant that it is legal for you to view the Site in the jurisdiction to which you are subject. You are responsible for compliance with all laws of that jurisdiction, in viewing or using its contents.
3. A failure or delay in enforcing compliance with one or more provisions of these Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of any other provision of these Conditions.
4. The execution and delivery of these Conditions shall not be deemed to confer any rights upon any person or entity other than the parties hereto, or make any person or entity a third party beneficiary of these Conditions, or to obligate either party to any person or entity other than the parties to these Conditions.
5. If any provisions of the Conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and modified so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law, and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
6. The Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us as to your use of the Site and shall supersede any prior agreement or representation in respect thereof.
7. Any and all notices to be given by either one of us to the other pursuant to or in connection with the Conditions shall be deemed sufficiently given when forwarded by e-mail or facsimile transmission in each case addressed to you at any e-mail address or facsimile number you have given us or to us at the e-mail address or facsimile number displayed at the start of these General Conditions.
8. The Conditions are governed by the laws of Minnesota and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Minnesota courts. If either Party incurs costs or expenses including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees in connection with an action relating to the terms of and performance under this Agreement, the prevailing Party in such an action such be entitled to recover its costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred.
Please note that these terms and conditions are supplemental to the General Conditions. The Conditions (Parts A and B) form the basis of the agreement that you enter into with us in order to Register and become a Member (the "Agreement") and will govern your conduct as a Member.
1. Registration is not open to persons aged under 18. If you are Registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
2. Each Registration is for a single member/transporter only. We do not permit you to share your username and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. Furthermore, your Membership may not be transferred to a third party.
3. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you and you are responsible for all actions taken with your username and password.
1. If you are a Transport Provider, you hereby agree that the Site is for shipping/transportation-related services only and that work that you provide will involve only transportation services. Except with our prior written agreement, you agree that you will not use your Membership as a means to market or sell any goods or other services unrelated to the Load.
2. It is the responsibility of CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC to select a suitable Transport Provider for the provision of the Load and the responsibility of CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC and the Transport Provider to negotiate the terms of the Transaction.
Registration does not mean or imply that we have sought or acquired any information whatsoever about a Member except that which is required to complete the Registration, verify credentials and authorize payment through the Site.
We assume no responsibility for claims made by Transporters with respect to their licenses, insurance, registration, membership or trade association or indeed any other claim made at any point during the Transaction or quoting process.
1. Members shall not use the Site for unlawful activities. Any Load or aspect of a Transaction carried out, or sought to be carried out unlawfully, by Transporter is prohibited.
2. Certain Transactions may be governed by statutory or other regulations and cannot be negotiated without restriction. It is for the Members to identify and adhere to such regulations.
1. Full responsibility for compliance with all laws and regulations that relate to the transportation of hazardous and restricted goods rests with the Transporter. Anyone who sends, or causes to be sent, a prohibited or restricted item or improperly packaged hazardous material may be subject to severe regulatory, or indeed criminal penalties.
2. In order to assist Members, we provide distance calculations and driving directions/locations as part of our service (the "Directions"). However, the Directions should be used as a guide only and you should always drive in accordance with national rules, regulations, and highway codes. The Directions may not take into consideration issues such as road closures, direction of traffic, one-way systems, emergency access roads, height regulations, road conditions or restrictions on maneuverability. No representation is made or warranty given as to the content or usability of the Directions or their appropriateness for any particular journey or vehicle. We assume no responsibility for any loss, damage, or delay howsoever resulting from use of these Directions. However, if you do find an error or omission, please let us know so we can notify the relevant persons to enable them to correct the error or omission and improve the service. We recommend that you verify any pickup and delivery information that we provide with the other party to the Transaction.
1. There is no cost or fee to join CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC as a Transport Provider. A Load will be considered to be a Transaction if after quoting, messaging or contacting CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC via the Site a Transport Provider agrees to transport the load. All agreed fees will be paid upon successful delivery of the load to the CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC specified location.
2. When you become a Member as a User, upon completion of a transport you will be paid via one of the selections you made at the time of registration. CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC will only pay electronically by one of the provided options. CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC will not pay “cash” or “check” upon arrival at CrankyApe or any other CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC designated facility.
3. As a User, when you accept a quote, you may be required to pay certain fees on behalf of CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC in order to “release” the unit from a tow yard or other location. This may include cash. CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC will re-imburse those fees at 100%, if prior approvable is obtained with CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC, with no markup. Original invoices are required to be provided to CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC.
4. If you are a Transport Provider, you are responsible for collecting and remitting any and all sales tax, VAT or GST (collectively, “Sales Tax”) associated with a Transaction. Your quote amount for the Load shall be inclusive of Sales Tax in accordance with clause 12.1.2. You shall not submit a quote amount excluding Sales Tax and then charge Sales Tax on top of your quote price once your quote has been accepted.
1. If a Load is cancelled by CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC before the job commences, there will be no fees owed to the transporter. If the load is cancelled while the transporter is enroute, fees will be paid at a rate of .50 per mile or at an agreed rate with the transporter.
2. Refunds of Deposits to Users will be made within 5 working days of the "Cancellation Request" being accepted. Refunds can only be sent to the same source from which the funds originated.
3. If a transporter cancels after accepting and this delays the recovery, the transporters rating will be negatively affected which may limit the transporters ability to be awarded future loads.
The transporter/member agrees that their service will be rated with each accepted and cancelled recovery. The transporter/member also agrees that the rating may reflect either positively or negatively on them which may result in their ability to be awarded loads from CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC. The transporter accepts this agreement and will hold harmless CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC from any legal implications including lawsuits regarding their ability to ship.
has been removed. We reserve the right to suspend the Membership of any Member who has received a red flag on more than one occasion.
1. You are solely responsible for the information you provide to us and/or other Members in the Registration, shipping, or transportation process (which shall include anything posted on the Site) ( "Information"). The Information must be true, legal, accurate, and non-fraudulent.
3. You agree to use common sense and good judgment when conducting or posting any Information.
1. We reserve the right to reject your Registration or cancel your Membership at any time and for any reason or for no reason and without notice to you.
2. If your Account is suspended or terminated, you may appeal for reinstatement. Your appeal must include a written statement as to why you should be reinstated along with your contact information. Your appeal may be reviewed at our discretion and any determination as to your reinstatement will be at our sole discretion. Your submission of an appeal does not, in any manner, guarantee that you will be reinstated or that the appeal will necessarily be reviewed. We will contact you as to our decision to reinstate you. We are not obligated to give you any reasoning as to our decision. All decisions are final.
During the course of your Membership, we may disclose to you, or you may otherwise learn of or discover, our documents, business practices, object code, source code, management styles, day-to-day business operations, capabilities, systems, current and future strategies, marketing information, financial information, software, technologies, processes, procedures, methods and applications, or other aspects of our business. You hereby agree that any and all of this information is confidential and shall be our sole and exclusive intellectual property. Any disclosure of our information to a third party (specifically including a direct competitor) is strictly prohibited. All obligations contained herein will survive the termination of this Agreement.
During the term of this Agreement, you shall not solicit for employment any of our employees of whom you become aware through the performance of this Agreement. Furthermore, you shall not otherwise hinder any of our other business relationships including those with our Members.
You agree that you shall not acquire the word "CrankyShip" or any variant that includes the word "CrankyShip" or may be confused with it on Google Adwords or any similar internet advertising service.
You represent that you, and any individuals associated with you who will be involved in a Transaction have not been convicted of a crime which is related in any way to the shipping and/or transportation or haulage business. Furthermore, you warrant and represent that there are currently no legal proceedings instituted against you that would prevent you from performing a Transaction to which you are or may be a party or your obligations under the Conditions.
1. CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC and its Affiliates, owners, principals, officers, employees and agents shall be referred to, collectively, as “CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC Indemnitees.” “Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly owns or controls, is owned or controlled by, or is under the common ownership or control with a Party, where ownership or control is denoted by having more than fifty percent (50%) of the voting power (or equivalent ownership interest) of the applicable entity.
2. You agree to and shall indemnify, defend (with legal counsel reasonably acceptable to CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC Indemnitees) and hold CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC Indemnitees harmless from and against any and all actions, suits, claims, demands, debts, liabilities, obligations, losses, damages, costs, expenses, penalties or injury (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of any suit related thereto) suffered or incurred by any of them arising from (a) any misrepresentation by, or breach of any covenant or warranty of by you contained in this Agreement or any exhibit, certificate, or other agreement or instrument furnished or to be furnished by you hereunder; or (b) any acts or omission by you and/or your Affiliates, owners, principals, officers, employees and agents. The foregoing indemnification shall expressly include personal injury and damage to property.
3. If any lawsuit, enforcement action or any attempt to collect on an alleged liability is filed against any CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC Indemnitee on the bases described hereinabove, written notice thereof shall be given by the CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC Indemnitee(s) to you within ten (10) business days after receipt of notice or other date by which action must be taken; provided, however, that the failure of any CrankyShip Indemnitee to give timely notice shall not affect its rights to indemnification hereunder except to the extent that you demonstrate damage caused by such failure. After such notice, you shall be entitled, if you so elect, to take control of the defense and investigation of such lawsuit or action and to employ and engage attorneys of your own choice to handle and defend the same, at your reasonable cost and expense. The CrankyShip Indemnitee(s) shall cooperate in all reasonable respects, at your cost and expense, with you and such attorneys in the investigation, trial and defense of such lawsuit or action and any appeal arising therefrom. You shall not, without the prior written consent of the respective CrankyShip Indemnitee(s), effect any settlement of any proceeding in respect of which the CrankyShip Indemnitee(s) is/are a party and indemnity has been sought hereunder unless such settlement of a claim, investigation, suit, or other proceeding only involves a remedy for the payment of money by you and includes an unconditional release of the CrankyShip Indemnitees from all liability on claims that are the subject matter of such proceeding.
1. Without limiting any of your liabilities or any other, if you are Transport Provider, you shall secure at your own expense and continuously maintain with insurance companies in good standing, reasonably acceptable to CrankyShip and having an A.M. Best Insurance Reports rating of A-VII or better such insurance as will protect CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC Indemnitees from liability and claims for personal injuries and damages which may arise out of or result from a Transaction in the following minimum amounts:
1. Auto Liability with limits not less than $500,000 per incident.
2. General Liability with limits not less than $1,000,000 per incident including full replacement value of all property transported by you.
3. On hook coverage with at least 200k limit
Transporter/Carrier coverage with at least 200k limit.
4. Transporter is required to list CrankyApe and/or Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC as an additional insured on the Certificate of Insurance. This insurance document is required in order to bid on available loads.
2. All liability policies required herein shall include provisions or endorsements naming CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC, its Affiliates, owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, servants and insurers of the same as additional insureds or loss payees.
3. All policies required by this Agreement shall be on an “as occurred” basis with provisions that such insurance is primary and that any other insurance maintained by CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC and its Affiliates (including self-insurance) is excess and not contributory insurance with the insurance required hereunder.
4. You shall provide notice to CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC immediately upon receipt of notice of any policy cancellation or reduction of policy limits for any reason and shall provide proof of full replacement coverage prior to the effective date of cancellation.
5. Unless prohibited by applicable law, all required insurance policies shall contain provisions that the insurer will have no right of recovery or subrogation against CrankyShip and Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC, its Affiliates or co-venturers, owners, agents, directors, officers, employees, servants, and insurers, it being the intention of the parties that the insurance as effected shall protect all of the above-referenced parties.
6. You shall require subcontractors who perform services for you in connection with a Transaction to carry insurance commensurate with their respective scopes of work. You shall remain responsible for any claims, lawsuits, losses and expenses (including defense costs) that exceed any of your subcontractors’ insurance limits and for uninsured claims or losses.
By registering and entering into an agreement to transport for Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC, you agree to meet and keep current the above defined coverages. Transporter also agrees that if insurance lapses or you fail to list Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC as an additional insured on your Certificate of Insurance (COI), you fully indemnify Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC from all claims that may arise from the service you provide to Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC, CrankyApe.com and CrankyShip.com.
I also agree by accepting an assignment through CrankyShip.com constitutes a contract and agreement to satisfy any requirements on the COI. Further, by listing Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC as an additional insured on the COI, you certify that all requirements are met to satisfy Midwest Recreational Clearinghouse LLC as a valid additional insured. It is agreed that if you bid, the insurance requirements have been met and you agree to the terms even if the document has not been provided.
Neither Party will be responsible for any failure or delay in its performance under this Agreement (except for any payment obligations) due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of war, epidemics, pandemics, communication line failure, governmental orders (including but not limited to quarantines) and power failures.
Those provisions of this Agreement that by their terms or sense are intended to survive termination or expiration of this Agreement will survive and remain in full force and effect, including, without limitation, General Conditions Sections 5, 6, 10 and 11, and Supplemental Conditions 7-9, 11, 13-15, 17-20.
Last Revised Date: February, 21 st 2023